Connect with us

Foreign

Trump’s new nickname sends social media wild

Published

on

Donald Trump has once again created a new nickname to add to his roster – but this time, it’s for himself.

The former president called himself “Honest Don” in a recent Truth Social post in which he called on President Joe Biden to have a “full-scale debate” with him.

“For the good of our now failing Nation, and to inform the American people of what is going on in our Country, we must immediately have a full-scale debate between Crooked Joe and Honest Don. I’m ready to go, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE!” Trump posted on Tuesday.

Hours later, Trump and Biden both secured enough delegates in the primaries on Tuesday night, to win their party nominations.

Trump won another slate of Republican primaries, pushing him over the threshold of delegates needed to secure the GOP presidential nomination.

Meanwhile, Biden easily secured the Democratic nomination for president after winning his party’s Georgia primary, before also winning Mississippi and Washington.

The former president is now focused on a 2020 election rematch, calling for a “Crooked Joe” vs “Honest Don” debate on his social media platform.

However, the irony of Trump’s self-professed nickname was too much for some X users, who quickly roasted him over the new moniker.

“Trump is the ONLY human on the planet that calls Donald Trump ‘Honest Don,’” One user wrote. “The rest of us know that he’s a lying grifter.”

Many social media users also pointed out the hilarity of “Honest Don,” given an analyst report by The Washington Post in 2021 claimed that Trump had made more than 30,000 false or misleading statements during his four years as president.

“In what could be the most ridiculous, outrageous, fraudulent, dishonest case of branding ever, Trump has now given himself a nickname: ‘Honest Don’,” another wrote.

The nickname left other X users howling and even making some pretty wild comparisons to his new moniker.

“Honest Don is the perfect name for a s***** used car salesman,” one person wrote.

Another X user chimed in: “Trump calling himself Honest Don is like Jeffrey Dahmer calling himself Vegan Jeff.”

Someone else suggested that “Donny Rotten” would be a more accurate nickname after saying that “we can all think of many names to call Donald Trump. But ‘Honest Don’ would never be one of them”.

“Actually, Honest Don is exactly like Honest Abe, but without the Abe part. And the honest part,” another user said, referring to the nickname for president Abraham Lincoln.

This isn’t the first time that Trump has nicknamed himself, after he previously gave himself a self-epithet of “very stable genius”.

Typically, Mr Trump has handed out nicknames to his political rivals.

Biden has received several from Trump, such as “Sleepy Joe” and “Crooked Joe”. Meanwhile, Mr Trump branded his main Republican rival Nikki Haley “Birdbrain” in several Truth Social tirades and rallies.

He also recently called California Governor Gavin Newsom “New-scum” while speaking about US border policies.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Foreign

We’ve not received any external attack – Iran official insists

Published

on

Iran officials have said the country has no plan for immediate retaliation against Israel. A senior Iranian official

Iran officials have said the country has no plan for immediate retaliation against Israel.

A senior Iranian official told Reuters on Friday, hours after sources said Israel launched an attack on Iranian soil.

Iran has continued to deny the attack which was launched early Friday morning, targeting its nuclear station in Isfahan.

The attack, according to reports, was similarly targeted at a military site and calibrated to avoid damage and further Iranian aggression.

“The foreign source of the incident has not been confirmed,” a senior official said, according to the Guardian UK.

“We have not received any external attack, and the discussion leans more towards infiltration than attack,” the Iranian official said on condition of anonymity.

According to Reuters, an Iranian analyst also told state TV on Friday that mini drones shot down by air defences in Isfahan were flown by “infiltrators from inside Iran”.

Continue Reading

Foreign

US vetoes UN resolution to recognize Palestine as State

Published

on

The United States has blocked a United Nations Security Council resolution that would have recognised a Palestinian state

The United States has blocked a United Nations Security Council resolution that would have recognised a Palestinian state.

CNN reports that 12 members of the Security Council on Thursday had voted in favor of the resolution, while two countries, the United Kingdom and Switzerland, abstained.

However, the United States vetoed the resolution.

In a statement, the Palestinian Authority President, Mahmoud Abbas, criticized the US veto, saying it was “unfair, immoral, and unjustified, and defies the will of the international community”.

According to him, the international community strongly supports the State of Palestine obtaining full membership in the United Nations.

But Israel’s Foreign Minister Israel Katz praised the US for vetoing what he called a “shameful proposal.”

“The proposal to recognize a Palestinian state, more than 6 months after the largest massacre of Jews since the Holocaust and after the sexual crimes and other atrocities committed by Hamas terrorists was a reward for terrorism”, Katz wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, after the US veto.

Vedant Patel, deputy spokesperson for the US State Department had announced earlier Thursday that the US would vote against the Security Council resolution.

He said the US has “been very clear, consistently, that premature actions in New York, even with the best intentions, will not achieve statehood for the Palestinian people,” referring to the headquarters of the United Nations.

Palestinian attempts for recognition as a full member state began in 2011. They are currently a non-member observer state, a status that was granted in November 2012.

Continue Reading

Foreign

EU leaders agree to new sanctions on Iran after Israel attack

Published

on

The EU has agreed to expand sanctions on Iranian producers of drones and missiles following Tehran’s unprecedented

The EU has agreed to expand sanctions on Iranian producers of drones and missiles following Tehran’s unprecedented attack on Israel.

“It’s very important to do everything to isolate Iran,” European Council President Charles Michel said.

The bloc already has multiple sanctions in place against Iran, including for selling drones to Russia for use in its war against Ukraine.

The EU’s new sanctions were agreed upon during a summit in Brussels which marked the first meeting between the bloc’s 27 leaders since Iran’s direct assault on Israel on Saturday, involving more than 300 missiles and drones fired from Iran, Iraq, Syria and Yemen which were mostly downed by Israel and its allies.

Tehran has maintained it was retaliation for a presumed Israeli air strike on its consulate in Syria on 1 April, in which 13 people were killed.

Israel – which appears to have only countered with a diplomatic offensive so far – has not ruled out a response.

But world leaders have continued to urge restraint, in a bid to prevent a wider conflict in the Middle East.

Israel has called on its allies to sanction Tehran’s missile programme and for the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) – a major military and political force in Iran – to be designated a terrorist organisation, something the US has done but the EU and UK have not.

The EU already has a wide range of measures in place which target Iran over its human rights abuses, nuclear proliferation activities and military support for Russia.

Continue Reading

Foreign

Drones, missile attack legitimate responese against Israel – Iran

Published

on

Drones, missile attack legitimate responese against Israel – Iran

Iran has said its attack on Israel was a “legitimate response” to Israel’s airstrike on the Iranian consulate in Syria.

An Israeli airstrike on Iran’s embassy in the Syrian capital of Damascus had killed two senior members of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

In retaliation, Iran had sent a barrage of drones and missiles towards Israel on Saturday but they were intercepted.

However, the spokesperson of Iran’s Foreign Ministry, Nasser Kanani, said Iran “does not seek to escalate tensions in the region.”

According to Kanani: “Iran’s action was completely legitimate and in accordance with the United Nations Charter granting states the right to self-defense.”

He added that the United States and the international community at large should “appreciate” Iran’s “responsible behavior.”

Continue Reading

Foreign

Iran’s missiles, drone attack declaration of war – Israeli president

Published

on

Iran’s missiles, drone attack declaration of war – Israeli president

The President of Israel, Isaac Herzog has said Tel Aviv was “considering all options” following Iran’s overnight missile and drone attacks.

Herzog said Iran’s missile and drone attack on Israel was a “declaration of war.”

Speaking with Sky News, Herzog said: “Every one of us should look and ask, what would we do had we been attacked in such an aggressive way as we were attacked last night.”

When asked if Israel would retaliate the attack against Iran, the Israeli president said they are “considering all options.”

“This is like a real war … this is a declaration of war.”

Herzog added that he was “happy that we are part of an incredible coalition of nations that have been part and parcel in preventing most of these missiles and drones and weapons to come into Israel.”

Continue Reading

Foreign

Trump’s hush-money trial begins

Published

on

Trump’s hush-money trial begins

Former President Donald Trump makes history on Monday, as he becomes the first current or former president in the nation’s history to go on trial.

Fox News reports that Trump’s hush-money trial, which will get underway in a New York City courtroom, will have an instant impact on his 2024 election rematch with President Joe Biden.

The former president is being tried on 34 state felony charges and is accused of falsifying business records in relation to hush-money payments during the 2016 election, which he made to Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about his alleged affair with the adult film actress.

The former President has repeatedly denied falsifying business records, as well as the alleged sexual encounter with Daniels.

Trump’s legal team has tried numerous times, unsuccessfully, to further delay or postpone the trial.

The unprecedented trial is the first of Trump’s four criminal cases, including two for his alleged attempts to overturn his 2020 election loss to Biden and another for mishandling classified documents — to go to trial.

Continue Reading

Top Stories