Connect with us

Metro

Father in shock over two-year-old son’s DNA result

Published

on

A man, Stephen Moses, has raised concerns after paternity tests revealed that he is not the biological father of his two-year-old son (names withheld).

Moses said he had not been able to get over the revelation of his supposed child having a sickle cell genotype when he has an AA genotype while his wife is AS.

The man said that he felt the need to confirm the boy’s paternity following the child’s several battles with sickle cell.

He revealed this while appearing on a popular television programme, The Justice Court, saying two different tests confirmed that he is not the biological father of the child.

I Pay My Fees, Send Money Home From Tricycle Driving – Female University Student | Punch0:00 / 0:00

In a series of tweets on his X handle on Monday where he tagged a now-viral video of the court session, Moses wrote, “I am still in awe of how we got here. We got married precisely May 21, 2016. A year down the line she got pregnant and gave birth on her birthday November 8, 2018. The first crisis the baby had, we spent thousands in hospital and that’s when we first discovered he was SS.

“At this point, I was confused. She first told me it was the enemy that was doing us through the boy. I didn’t believe and at the same time, I didn’t argue with her. I started doing my research if it was possible for AA + AS to produce SS.

“I saw some rare occasions of extreme weather conditions but it wasn’t possible in Nigeria as a result of good weather. I spoke to a few counselors and midwives in Ifako General Hospital and Lagos State Teaching Hospital.

“We kept on living together and we kept praying and fasting and nothing changed. The boy kept on going through crisis. At this point, we were already out of cash and could not afford a DNA test because I was already uncomfortable having confirmed from many sources that it was impossible.

“For me to produce SS even when I marry SS as an AA. So I started voicing my displeasure out to my friends and one of them pointed me to Justice Court that they will do the DNA test for free. So I contacted them and arranged a sample for me and the boy for the paternity test.

“Paternity test results came out in December and we had a court session where it was unveiled as seen in the video. Since December, she has been dodging and refusing to pick up calls from the Justice Court to carry out the Judge’s verdict to run a maternity test.”

He stated further that before the paternity was proven, his in-laws arrested him claiming he had not been providing upkeep for the child, adding that the story changed when the result of the test came out negative as his wife had been unreachable.

“So, as I write this story, Justice Court has not been able to reach her over the phone. She is not picking up calls. One funny thing in all this is, in November last year, her family got me arrested at Ajuwon Police Station because I was not dropping upkeep for the said child.

“It took the intervention of our family lawyer to get the case out of the police station. I remember the police were supporting her. In December, DNA results came out and it was negative. The need to clear herself arose and she went into isolation,” he stated.

On the possibility of the child being swapped at birth, Moses said it was slim as he was present in the labour during the birth.

He noted, “The above video shows the last part that says ‘Is the child swapped in the hospital?’ It may be possible but the chances are slim. I was present in the labour room and there were only two women in labour that day. It wasn’t a hospital, it was Ojodu Health Centre at Gbadamosi, Ojodu.

“The other woman already gave birth while she was in labour. I remember following the nurse to clean him up and collect him back, dropping him beside her on the bed and waiting for her sister to come and then I left to cook something for her. Honestly, this marriage wrecked me.”

The wife, while reacting in the video, said Moses’ story was true but disagreed with the results.

In her defence, she said that Moses did not discuss it with her before carrying out the DNA test.

She said, “All that is said is true but when we were first diagnosed, why couldn’t he tell me that we should go for DNA? And meanwhile, he didn’t even come out straight that he wanted to do a DNA test. He started misbehaving in the house and sometimes he wouldn’t even come home until my brother said I should let him know whenever my husband was around.

“One he was around and my brother came and that was when he said what was happening because I didn’t know anything. So, he told me that his father dreamt that he was nursing another man’s child and that was the excuse he gave me that day and it went on like that.”

When asked who the father of the child was, the wife replied, “Nobody touched me. I’m very sure.”

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

Five children suffocate to death in Niger – Police

Published

on

The Police Command in Niger has confirmed the death of five children by suffocation in a car on Sunday in Minna.

The Police Command in Niger has confirmed the death of five children by suffocation in a car on Sunday in Minna.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Niger, Wasiu Abiodun, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Minna.

He said that the Kpakungu Division Office of the Police Command received a report at about 6.30 p.m. on Sunday that five children between the ages of five and 13 years were found trapped in a Honda Civic vehicle with registration No. GO 778 ABC at Gurara Albishir area of Minna.

Mr Abiodun said that the children were found to have suffocated in the vehicle, while their bodies were later removed by the various parents, as police visited the scene.

He said that the owner of the vehicle had been invited for questioning and an investigation was ongoing on the matter.

Meanwhile, a source in the neighbourhood who spoke on condition of anonymity said that the children had mistakenly locked themselves in the car, which had been abandoned for more than two years by the owner.

He said that the parents later discovered their bodies in the car on Sunday evening after searching for them for hours in the vicinity.

According to the source, the victims comprised four females and a male, three siblings and two others from different parents including the car owner’s child.

(NAN)

 

Continue Reading

Metro

EFCC declares Ugandan, Dennis Aliga wanted for money laundering

Published

on

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has declared a Ugandan, Dennis Aliga, wanted for allegedly obtaining money by false

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has declared a Ugandan, Dennis Aliga, wanted for allegedly obtaining money by false pretences, money laundering, and diversion of public funds.

The anti-graft agency made this known in a post shared on its official X handle on Monday by its spokesperson, Dele Oyewale.

EFCC’s statement read, “The public is hereby notified that Dennis Asega Aliga, whose photograph appears above, is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in an alleged case of obtaining money by false pretences, money laundering, and criminal diversion of public funds.

“Aliga, a 41-year old Ugandan citizen, last lived in Sapeto Towers, No. 1, Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, Lagos State.”

The EFCC, therefore, urged that “anybody with useful information as to his whereabouts should please contact the commission in its Benin, Kaduna, Ibadan, Sokoto, Gombe, Maiduguri, Makurdi, Ilorin, Enugu, Kano, Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Abuja offices.”

 

Continue Reading

Metro

Gunmen kill Babcock University professor, abduct two

Published

on

Gunmen have killed a professor of law at Babcock University, Ilishan, Ogun, Yinka Olomojobi, and abducted two others in the Iperu area of

Gunmen have killed a professor of law at Babcock University, Ilishan, Ogun, Yinka Olomojobi, and abducted two others in the Iperu area of the state.

Olomojobi was shot dead on Friday for allegedly refusing to be taken away by the suspected gunmen.

While he was shot dead, two residents were kidnapped and taken to an unknown destination.

But the spokesperson of the Ogun State Police Command, Omolola Odutola, said one person had been arrested in connection with the incident.

“A two-week-old security man was arrested based on reasonable suspicion as police commence discreet investigation,” she said.

“A report from the Iperu Division indicates that a kidnapping and murder incident occurred on the 19th of April, 2024, at about 9:20 pm.”

“A suspicious coincidence led the police to arrest one Awada Ishaya of Plateau state who was employed two weeks ago when the event centre was launched as a security man for further interrogation,” Odutola said.

“The lecturer was taken to Babcock University Teaching Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

“Efforts are underway to apprehend the culprits and rescue the kidnapped victims. Further updates will be provided as the situation develops.”

Gunshots were heard at the Ajadeh Event Centre on Sagamu Road, in the Iperu area in Ogun State.

Eyewitnesses said eight men dressed in black, and armed with guns emerged from an unknown place, went into the relaxing lounge, and opened fire indiscriminately.

They later identified Prof Olowojobi as the victim shot in the chest for resisting to go away with the hoodlum. At the same time, a manager of a car stand known as Dare, and one other yet-to-be-identified person, were said to have been taken captive by the gunmen.

 

Continue Reading

Metro

Rainstorm throws 40 Ogun communities into darkness

Published

on

Forty communities in Ogun State have been plunged into darkness following a rainstorm on Sunday. The downpour which began around midday,

Forty communities in Ogun State have been plunged into darkness following a rainstorm on Sunday.

The downpour which began around midday, destroyed electricity facilities in some parts of the state, leading to a blackout.

“Due to broken poles occasioned by the heavy downpour at Ota and Mowe, customers in the following communities: lyana lyesi, Osuke Town, Egan Road, lyana Ilogbo, Ijaba, Ijagba, Itele, Lafenwa, Singer, Joju, Alishiba, Oju Ore, Tollgate, Eledi, Akeja, Abebi, Osi Round About, Ota Town, Ota Industrial Estate, Igberen, lju, Atan, Onipanu, Obasanjo, Lusada, Arigba, Odugbe, Ado-Odo, Igbesa, Owode,” the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) said in a statement late Sunday.

“Olokuta, Hanushi, Bamtish Camp Lufiwape, Eltees Farm, August Engineering, Spark Cear Soap Ayetoro, Amazing Grace Oil, Christopher University, Royal Garden Estate, Pentagon Estate, and environs are experiencing power outages”.

It called on residents of the areas to avoid “contact with the broken poles, saggy wires or any other electrical installation affected by the rain”.

“Our technical team is working to clear and replace the broken poles and installations to ensure power supply is restored as soon as possible,” IBEDC said.

A video circulating on social media showed fallen electricity poles on vehicles in a flooded Sango-Ota area of the state.

 

Continue Reading

Metro

Eight dead as buses collide in Kogi

Published

on

Eight persons have died in a road accident in the Aloma community of Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State.

Eight persons have died in a road accident in the Aloma community of Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State.

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Sector Commander in charge of Kogi State Samuel Oyedeji confirmed the casualty figures to journalists in Lokoja.

He said the unfortunate incident occurred on Sunday and involved a total of 21 passengers.

While 13 persons sustained various degrees of injuries, the FRSC official said eight others died in the inferno caused by the bus collision.

An eyewitness in the community told Channels Television that a Toyota Sienna bus heading towards Abuja from Port Harcourt, and a Toyota Hiace bus heading to the southern part of the country had collided, resulting in the fire which led to the death of some of the passengers.

The eyewitness blamed the accident on overspeeding and potholes on the road, adding that it took people of the community three hours to remove the driver of the Sienna bus whose two legs were badly damaged.

 

Continue Reading

Metro

EFCC probes 11 suspected oil thieves in Lagos, docks woman for N12.2m fraud

Published

on

The Lagos Zonal Command of the Economic Financial Crimes Commissions (EFCC), on Monday, said it commenced the probe of 11 suspected

The Lagos Zonal Command of the Economic Financial Crimes Commissions (EFCC), on Monday, said it commenced the probe of 11 suspected oil thieves and one vessel, MT SAISNIL II, handed over to the commission by the Nigerian Navy, NNS Beecroft, Apapa, Lagos.

The anti-graft body revealed that the vessel and the crew were stopped and apprehended on February 7, 2024, by officers of the Nigerian Navy for allegedly carrying out illegal oil bunkering and Automatic Identification System infractions at Abo Oilfield, Ogogoro Community, Ondo State.

The suspected oil thieves include Jimoh Olusola, Akinrodoye Tobias, Idolor Ogun, Blessed Udoh Michael, Fineface Zorte, Victor Ime Edem, Shofela Bode, Adejokun Taiye Emmanuel, Golden A. Javan, Yekini Lukman, and Ajayi Oluwole.

The EFCC further disclosed that “the suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded”

Also, one Adeagbo Dooshima Claire has been arraigned before Justice G.M.Kamyal of the Plateau State High Court sitting in Jos, Plateau State by the EFCC.

Claire, according to the EFCC, was arraigned last Wednesday on two charges bordering on cheating and obtaining by false pretence by the Gombe Zonal Command of the Commission.

One of the charges reads “that you, Adeagbo Dooshima Claire and Caroline Lawal (Still at large) sometime in May 2021 at Jos, Plateau State, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, fraudulently obtained the aggregate sum of N12,250,000 from one Kenechukwu Agubuisi which you claimed was payment for a landed property situated at Favfei, Rayfield Jos, Plateau State and covered by Right of Occupancy No. PL.30415 and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 307 of the Penal Code Law

Upon arraignment, Claire pleaded not guilty to the charges. This led the prosecution counsel, Okemini S.E, to ask the court for a trial date.

Counsel to the defendant, Rimmam P.J told the court of a bail application filed on April 17, 2024, and prayed the court to grant the defendant bail.

The case has now been adjourned to June 3 and 4, 2024. Justice Kamyal also ordered that the defendant be remanded in Jos Correctional Centre.

 

Continue Reading

Top Stories