Connect with us

Metro

Man killed in Ondo, Family calls out for justice and equity

Published

on

The family of late Ayodele Bosede, also known as School Boy, on Monday, appealed to the Ondo State Government to ensure that justice was achieved over the alleged killing by a man simply identified as Ayuba.

Bosede was allegedly shot dead by Ayuba in May 2022 in Owo community, Owo Local Government Area of state.

After allegedly killing the deceased, it was gathered that Ayuba was arrested by the men of the state police command and later arraigned before an Ondo State Chief Magistrate Court.

In his last arraignment, the court reportedly adjourned the case till the time the Department of Public Prosecution would file its legal advice before the court while the defendant was remanded in prison custody.

To this end, the family and friends of the deceased appealed to the state judiciary not to allow the case to be tampered with, saying some political friends of the defendant had been trying to disrupt the process of justice in a bid to ensure the defendant was set free.

A member of the family of the victim, who witnessed the alleged killing, Mr Ayo Abiodun, expressed the fear that politicians might tamper with the course of justice and free the defendant, urging the state government not to allow the case to be swept under the carpet.

“I was really scared as I heard that Ayuba is a notorious killer and I couldn’t feel comfortable there anymore. So, I told School Boy that we should be going home. Then he told me that he wanted to go and see Ayuba and ask him why he (Ayuba) was in the hotel and how he knew that he was there.

“After some minutes, I didn’t see School Boy. So, I went to check him outside and saw that Ayuba suddenly brought out a gun and shot him.

“In a few seconds, I found a way to escape and ran for my life. Then I heard the news after some days that he had been arrested and detained in police custody, and I went there to confront him and accused him of killing School Boy and he couldn’t say anything. We were later taken to the Commissioner of Police and I explained everything to him.”

Begging the government for justice, Abiodun added, “I am begging the government not to let School Boy die in vain and let justice speak.”

In a reaction, the state Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Charles Titiloye, said there won’t be any bias in the case, saying the court would follow the advice of the DPP.

Advertisement

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *