Spotlights
Fresh Tension as Bandits Kill 33 in Kebbi Community

The Kebbi State Police Command has reported the tragic loss of 33 lives following an attack by suspected bandits in Bui District, located within the Arewa Local Government Area of the state.
This information was disclosed by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Bashir Usman, in a statement released on Friday in Birnin Kebbi.
The violent incident took place on Wednesday when armed individuals, believed to be affiliated with the Lakurawa militants, invaded the district with the motive of rustling cattle.
Preliminary investigations suggest that the perpetrators may have crossed into the area from Gudu Local Government Area in Sokoto State.
“During the attack, residents of Mamunu, Awasaka, Tungan Tsoho, Makangara, Kanzo, Gorun Naidal and Dan Mai Ago mobilised in response to the invasion.
“In the ensuing confrontation, 33 persons lost their lives,” he said.
The police spokesman said the command, in collaboration with the military and other security agencies, had reinforced security presence in the affected communities.
According to him, additional personnel and operational assets have been deployed, while sustained area domination patrols are ongoing to restore normalcy and prevent further attacks.
He said the command had commiserated with the families of the victims and the entire Arewa community over the tragic incident.
Usman emphasised that incidents involving heavily armed criminal elements require coordinated security intervention.
He urged residents to always report suspicious movements and activities through established security channels.
“Members of the public are advised not to engage armed criminals directly, as such actions pose grave risks to lives and property,” he cautioned.
He added that targeted operations are ongoing to track down and apprehend the perpetrators, as well as strengthen early warning mechanisms in vulnerable communities across the state.
PUNCH Online had earlier reported that suspected terrorists wrote a letter to Utono community in Ngaski Local Government Area of Kebbi State, allegedly demanding N100 million before they would be allowed to enter the town to “preach.”
The threat comes amid growing security concerns in parts of Kebbi and neighbouring states, where armed groups have carried out deadly raids, kidnappings, and extortion in rural communities.
(PUNCH)











