Connect with us

News

How to apply for N50,000 federal govt grants, loans for Nano business

Published

on

The Federal Government of Nigeria under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, is rolling out two

The Federal Government of Nigeria under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, is rolling out two initiatives – the Presidential Conditional Grant Programme & the Presidential Palliative Loan Programme.

The minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr Nkiruka Uzoka-Anite said the programmes aim to alleviate the effects of the fuel subsidy removal.

Nano businesses will receive N50,000 grant, while MSMEs and manufacturers will access loans up to N1 million and N1 billion respectively.

The target beneficiaries are 70% women and youth, 10% people with disabilities, and 5% senior citizens, while the remaining 15% is distributed to other demographics.

Who Can Apply?

Businesses that fall into the six categories below can apply.
1. Traders
2. Food services
3. ICT
4. Transportation
5. Creatives (makeup artists, fashion designers and dry cleaners.)
6. Artisans (vulcanizers, shoemakers, painters, repairers).

Grant Eligibility Criteria

1. Own a nano business.
2. Operate a business with progressive economic potential, and desire to grow the business.
3. Be willing to engage at least one additional staff member if turnover increases
4. Be willing to provide proof of residential/business address in the Local Government Area
Provide relevant personal and bank account information, including Bank Verification
(BVN) for verification of identity
5. Meet the application submission deadline.

Eligible applicants should visit the website fedgrantandloan.gov.ng and click ‘apply for grant.’

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

ICYMI: 17-year-old Nigerian offered full scholarships to study software engineering

Published

on

17-year-old Emmanuela Ilok offered full scholarships to study software engineerin

A 17-year-old student, Emmanuela Ilok, has reportedly been awarded full scholarships to study Software Engineering by some of the world’s prestigious universities, including Stanford, MIT, Yale, UPenn, Princeton, and Columbia.

Education activist and CEO of Educare, Alex Onyia, shared Ilok’s accomplishments in a post on his X page on Sunday.

“This is Emmanuela Ilok, the brilliant 17-year-old who received full scholarships to study Software Engineering at Stanford, MIT, Yale, UPenn, Princeton, and Columbia University,” Onyia wrote.

According to him, Ilok’s academic prowess has already garnered national recognition, as she was awarded the country’s best in the International General Certificate of Secondary Education in Nigeria by the British Council.

Onyia also noted that Ilok developed software that uses Machine Learning to detect breast cancer in women, with an impressive 91% detection accuracy.

He wrote, “She built a software that uses Machine Learning to detect breast cancer in women and so far it has 91% detection accuracy.”

Onyia, who hosted a virtual meeting for Ilok to speak with Nigerian students and guide them on how to prepare for and access such opportunities on Sunday, was left awestruck by her potential.

“I spent over an hour listening to her today, and I can tell you that we have a superstar in her,” he said.

Onyia further emphasised the need to identify and nurture such exceptional talents, stating, “We have many hidden Emmanuelas in Nigeria, and we need to discover and support them. It’s time for Nigeria to shine.”

Earlier, a young mathematics prodigy, Ugwoezuonu Ogechi Zara, was reportedly awarded an N21 million scholarship after scoring a perfect score of 100% in the primary category of the National Mathematics Competition organised by the Mathematics Association of Nigeria.

Source: The Punch

 

Continue Reading

News

FG intervenes as Nigerian students in UK varsity face deportation

Published

on

FG intervenes as Nigerian students in UK varsity face deportation

The Federal Government has stepped in to address the recent deportation orders issued against some Nigerian students at Teesside University in the United Kingdom.

A delegation led by a representative of the Nigerian Embassy in the UK, Ambassador Christian Okeke, along with leaders of the Nigerian Students Union in the UK, will meet with the university’s management to seek a resolution.

This decision follows a virtual meeting chaired by the Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, and attended by Okeke, the President of the Nigerian Students Union UK, Yemi Soile, and several affected students.

The meeting was held on Sunday.

The NiDCOM spokesperson, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, confirmed the planned intervention in a statement on Wednesday.

According to Balogun, during the meeting, the students described their experiences and expressed hope for a favourable outcome.

Dabiri-Erewa urged the students “to remain calm and not to take the law into their own hands.”

She appealed to Teesside University to treat the students fairly and justly.

The issue gained attention after some Nigerian students at Teesside University staged a protest on May 22, 2024.

The protest was in response to directives from the university authorities for the students to leave the UK, citing non-payment of school fees by some students.

Source: The punch

 

Continue Reading

News

Niger generates N10bn monthly revenue

Published

on

Niger generates N10bn monthly revenue

The Niger State Governor, Mohammed Bago, has said that the state generates N10 billion monthly as Internally Generated Revenue.

The governor, who averred that the government was working towards generating N100 billion by 2025, noted that the state inherited N4 billion from the previous administration, noting that his government has surpassed it.

Bago made this known on Wednesday during his one-year anniversary lecture, where he pointed out that the new Niger agenda of his administration was not just a mere slogan but a dream that is realisable with the support of the people of the state.

“We are ambitious and bold about what we want to do. We will not spend people, but we will spend money to have people live. Don’t worry about where the money will come from. Only worry about how we will spend the money.

“Our New Niger Agenda is not just a slogan. The ongoing projects across the state are just the beginning of the plans. We are determined to give the best to the people and ensure they benefit from every sector.

“When we do these works, don’t thank me. It is your right, it is not a privilege but your right. It is your right for us to provide you with basic necessities. If you do not have, task us and we will give you. We need to give to the society what the society has given to us,” Bago said.

Bago expressed appreciation to his team and the other arms of the government for making the state’s programmes, projects, and policies a reality and thanked them for their patience, prayers, and support in the last one year.

In their lectures, former Minister of Commerce Mustapha Bello and former Vice Chancellor of IBB University, Lapai, Nasiru Maturate, urged the Governor to remain focused on his transformation drive and not allow himself to be distracted.

Source: The Punch

 

Continue Reading

News

Bravura sets the record straight: Rebuttal to inaccurate claims in Zimbabwean Mail

Published

on

Bravura Holdings, a leading mining company owned by pan-African billionaire Benedict Peters, has refuted claims in the Zimbabwean

Bravura Holdings, a leading mining company owned by pan-African billionaire Benedict Peters, has refuted claims in the Zimbabwean Mail suggesting the Zimbabwean government is considering repossessing its mining concessions.

Bravura clarifies that the Kamativi Lithium Tailings Project, launched in December 2021, is progressing steadily despite encountering regulatory hurdles and global economic challenges. The company cites completed exploration efforts, advanced civil works, and an anticipated production launch later in 2024.

Bravura emphasizes its significant financial investments and unwavering commitment to Zimbabwe’s development, dismissing the article as an unsubstantiated and malicious attempt to undermine its efforts. The company is pursuing legal action to address the defamatory claims.

Bravura Statement:
Our attention has been drawn to the publication in the online version of the 27 May 2024 edition of the Zimbabwean Mail titled, “Zimbabwe Considers Repossessing Nigerian Billionaire’s Mining Concessions Amid Financial Struggles.” The article unfoundedly suggests that Mr. Benedict Peters, the Executive Vice Chairman and CEO of our Group, Bravura, faces the potential loss of his mineral concessions in Zimbabwe due to stalled projects and financial difficulties. The article misguidedly claims that government sources have expressed concerns about the slow progress and stalling of these projects, considering repossessing them.

The accounts published are lopsided, incomplete, unsatisfactory, and inherently misleading. They distort the facts around the projects and present an inaccurate rendition of key issues, driven by a conflation of important considerations. We are compelled to refute these baseless suggestions. For the record, the aspersions in the article are malicious and fictitious. Given the serious implications of such misleading accounts, it is necessary to address these distortions publicly.

First, we clarify a number of key facts and developments with respect to the Kamativi project that the story appears to have made the subject of its patently absurd criticisms. The Kamativi Lithium Tailings Project agreement was signed in December 2021 between ROZ and Bravura. Despite typical and unusual regulatory and compliance challenges, critical exploration, topographical surveys, grid and ore sampling, and metallurgical and mineralogical test work have been undertaken and mostly completed. Heavy-duty equipment required for several aspects of the operation has been procured and is already in-country. Local civil works, including campsite construction following the relocation of local residents, are at advanced stages. Beneficiation plant construction required for the dump material and a high-capacity processing plant has reached an advanced stage. Base power supply deployment arrangements have been concluded, with generators already in the country. Production is expected to commence very soon, later in 2024.

All of this has been undertaken at enormous financial investment by us. This progress has been achieved despite considerable drawbacks in the global economy, in-country sector challenges, and, critically, the effect of the pandemic on the mining industry in the country. There has been valuable support from the Government of Zimbabwe, evident through visits by Ministry of Mines officials and engagements that have provided access to informative progress and status reports. This raises considerable questions about how the publication allegedly cites sources from within the government without the essential particularity upon which the accuracy of its assertions should be based.

It is crucial to highlight that metallic mines are notorious for their prolonged development periods, often taking several decades to transition from discovery to production. The fact that Bravura is poised to commence production this year, within just a few years of acquiring the project, underscores our unwavering commitment and seriousness in advancing this initiative.

The spurious article lacks factual content and informed analysis, failing to provide information, explanation, or clarification of its assertions. It seeks credibility by associating our name with a story to attract twisted legitimacy or interest. The article is a malicious concoction of untruths designed to embarrass and discredit Bravura, without foundation. It is a false representation, contrived by irresponsible journalism, intended to malign our reputation.

For the avoidance of doubt, any imputation in the article is a conjectured lie of the gravest dimension and is denied in every respect. The lack of specificity speaks to the assertions’ lack of credibility, making it difficult to respond to issues the authors clearly know little about. The author and publishers knew, or ought to have known, that none of these assertions is true or accurate. They made no effort to verify the accounts, despite our well-publicized contact details.

We reject any suggestion that the project is experiencing delays or that there is any consideration to review our mandate. Those spreading these accounts are doing so on an ill-conceived, speculative basis, destined to fail. The matters have now been referred to our lawyers, who will take all necessary steps to protect our interests and obtain remedies against those responsible for this defamatory campaign.

Bravura’s commitment to this project aligns with the objectives of His Excellency, President Emmerson Mnangagwa, whose mantra, “Nyika inovakwa nevene vayo,” promotes self-determination and debt-free development of Zimbabwe. Our commitment to realizing this project for the benefit of the stakeholders and the people of Zimbabwe, who own a 40% interest, remains undiluted and will not be deflected by such absurd imputations. Corresponding work continues on our other projects.

We urge the public, business partners, associates, and well-wishers to disregard any defamatory reports about Bravura, including those republished by other online media outlets using the Zimbabwean Mail as their source.

-billionaires.africa

 

Continue Reading

News

Makinde inaugurates solarised oxygen plant, level 2 newborn unit in Ibadan

Published

on

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State on Wednesday, May 29, inaugurated a state-of-the-art solarized oxygen plant and Level 2 Newborn Unit at the stage-owned Jericho Specialist Hospital, Jericho, Ibadan.

The event forms part of his administration’s stride towards improving healthcare infrastructure and in commemoration of the fifth anniversary of his government.

Speaking at the commissioning ceremony, the governor said the newly commissioned solarized oxygen plant represents a groundbreaking leap in his agenda for sustainable healthcare solutions in the Oyo state health sector, adding that any project that improves the welfare of the people is critical to his administration.

He noted further that the healthcare facility, powered by renewable energy sources, would ensure uninterrupted oxygen supply, critical for life-saving interventions in the state.

He said the strategy for the Scale-up of Medical Oxygen is envisioned to ensure that all patients with hypoxaemia are properly diagnosed and treated with medical Oxygen and that no patient dies from hypoxaemia.

Makinde noted that the availability of high-quality and functional oxygen supply systems will improve equitable access to Oxygen and, in so doing, would significantly reduce mortality from hypoxaemia.

Highlighting his administration’s efforts in improving healthcare infrastructure in the state, the governor explained that the innovation would not only address the pressing need for reliable medical oxygen but also align with global efforts to address the aftermath challenges of post-Covid-19.

He added that the oxygen plant, the Level 2 Newborn Unit stands as a beacon of hope for infants requiring specialized care as the facility provides a round-the-clock service.

Equipped with cutting-edge technology and staffed by skilled healthcare professionals, the governor said the unit promises to enhance neonatal healthcare services in the Oyo state.

Governor Makinde emphasised the importance of investing in maternal and child health, reaffirming his government’s unwavering commitment to ensuring every child receives the best possible start in life.

He lauded the collaborative efforts of all the stakeholders including international partners such as the UNICEF and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation underscoring the significance of partnerships in achieving sustainable development.

He reaffirmed his administration’s dedication to prioritizing healthcare infrastructure, pledging continued support to initiatives aimed at improving healthcare access and quality across the state.

In his remarks, the Country Director of UNICEF in Nigeria, Miss Cristian Munduate commended Makinde for his forward-thinking and pragmatic approach to improving healthcare infrastructures in the state.

She also lauded Oyo state for being the first in the country to have such a state-of-the-art facility in place expressing optimism that other governors would soon suit.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr Oluwaserimi Ajetumobi earlier in her welcome address noted that the solarized Medical Oxygen Pressure Swing Adsorption Plant and the level 2 Newborn Unit being commissioned by the governor are the first of its kind in Nigeria.

She said the launch of the Oyo State Strategy for the scale-up of Medical Oxygen in Health Facilities (2024-2028) will put Oyo State on the global map as a frontline first-class healthcare service delivery in Nigeria.

She added that the milestones marked a significant achievement for the Series Makinde-led government and its partners including the UNICEF, IHS Towers, the Governments of Norway and Canada, and the Bills & Melinda Gates Foundation who she said have contributed tỉrelessly to bringing the projects to fruition.

The highlight of the event was the signing of all official documents and handing over of the facility to the state government.

Source: The Nation

 

Continue Reading

News

Tinubu to present 2024 supplementary budget to NASS

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu will soon present the 2024 Supplementary Budget to the National Assembly (NASS).

“I submitted the last budget to you,” the President said when he addressed a joint sitting of the National Assembly on Wednesday.

“You expeditiously passed it. We are walking the talk. I will soon bring the Year 2024 (Supplementary) Appropriation Bill. That is just for your information,” the President said at the joint sitting to mark the Silver Jubilee Of Nigeria’s 4th Republic.

In his response, Senate President Godswill Akpabio, said, “Thank you, Mr President, we will be expecting the Supplementary Appropriation Bill of 2024 as soon as possible.”

Also, at the joint sitting which coincided with the first anniversary of the Tinubu administration, the President confirmed ‘Nigeria, we hail thee’ as the “latest national anthem”.

Tinubu said, “You rang out the latest national anthem, ‘Nigeria, we hail thee’. This is our diversity, representing all characters and how we blend to be brothers and sisters.”

The President pleaded with both the Senate and the House of Representatives to continue to collaborate and work together with the administration to build the country on the path of sustained progress and development.

“We have no other choice; it is our nation. No other institution or personality will help us unless we do it ourselves. No amount of aid from foreign countries or any other nation (will fix us), they take care of themselves first. Let us work together as we are doing to build our nation, not only for us but for generations unborn.

Tinubu had on January 1, 2024, assented to the N28.7 trillion 2024 Appropriation Bill passed by the Senate.

The 2024 budget was N1.2 trillion higher than the budget originally proposed by the President to a joint NASS session on November 29, 2023.

Source: Channels

Continue Reading

Top Stories